Stress and Health

Hello All , just a thought to see what you all think. Do you feel that stress has an effect on our health and side effects of the drugs. I have been under an enormous amount of stress due to work, and have had many health issue's. I know that I have been on the drugs for quite some time and know what many of the side effects are and that they are due to kick in, however maybe hearing other people's advice and experiences can help me learn to deal with mine in an easier fashion.

Thanks and God Bless

Rodney

Rodney, I am so sorry you have so much on your plate right now. Stress will definitely affect your health & your body's healing process. Last year I went through a severe back & leg injury. I was laid up for 8 months. I wasn't able to go out of my house because I couldn't walk down the stairs. When I allowed stress to get the best of me, I noticed my body would tense up and I would feel the pain. We all respond to stress differently. That being said, managing stress is easier said than done. I like to listen to music or call a friend just to vent. Sometimes we just need to unload, even if the friend doesn't know what to say, it feels better just getting everything off your chest. None of us are Superman, we all need someone to talk to now & then. I also believe having faith in God gets you through many tough situations in life. Prayer is a powerful thing.

I don't know if I've been much of a help to you but, I hope I have. I've been thinking about you and praying for you and will continue to do so. You strike me as a very strong person. God be with you and give you peace.

God Bless You,

Kim (JerseyGyrl)

Rodney I know I am new here but hope you don't mind me responding. I am not taking any medication at all . . . but if I get stressed my pain levels triple . . . in fact it was stress that led to my diagnosis. Kim is right prayer is a powerful thing . . .

All we need to learn is how to avoid stress right???!!!