Ups and Downs

I usually am pretty cheerful and I don't worry about having MM. A lot has happened in the last two years. spinal tumor, adrenal gland shut down, lots of hospital visits and a whole lot more. I just take it as it comes and deal with it. I try to live my life as normally as I can. When I feel good I'm very busy. Problem is, too many people have an opinion about that. I'm told to not do too much, take care of myself, etc. They tell me my son should do most everything. I don't know why people think they should tell me how to live my life, I don't tell them how to live their lives. Sorry I'm whining, but it's getting so hard. I know how I feel and what I can do. I know what my numbers are. And right now, they're great. Most of all I want to be normal. I want people to treat me that way. I'm not a piece of china!

Hi Alpacalady,

I am happy to hear you are feeling good and enjoy being active! That being said, I can certainly understand you being upset when people say you should take care of yourself and not do too much, have your son do everything etc. When my boyfriend was first diagnosed with MM, he didn't want to tell his boss or co-workers. I didn't understand why at first. He explained "I don't want to be treated differently". When people know you're sick, especially when its something like cancer, they tend to over react. Although it may appear they are trying to tell you how to live your life, they aren't. They are concerned for you and really don't know the right way of expressing that concern. While I know it is frustrating, just smile and say "thank you, I appreciate your concern but, I know how I feel". Remember, they mean well even though they don't know how to say it.

God Bless You,

Kim (JerseyGyrl)

alpaca, I am so glad to hear you are doing so well, being active is instrumental to being happy, at least I think so. I try hard to wear myself out with work, unfortunately lately it seems that I am succeeding . However good friends do care about you and sometimes when they show it reminds that we do have MM, being busy I tend to forget, or push it back from daily life. I know what you mean, I wish I was normal also, then when I look at what is going on in this world I realize that we are so much more than normal. Your friends can't understand, not without facing the same issue's, they just want to help, but don't know how.

Rodney