Stem cell

I just got word that I am starting the process for stem cell evaluation.
Unfortunately, I must go out of town, as the transplant is not done here in Palm Springs.
I would love to hear any of your experiences.

Where are you being treated? Wishing you all the best!!

awesome post. this is something the community can give feedback on!

I had a stem cell May 7 of 09'. So far ,so good. I go back to Moffitt Cancer Center tomorrow for a follow up with my Dr. I had a yearly bone survey and my routine lab donelast week. Hope everything goes well with you. If you have any questions for me I will try to answer them for you. Good luck!!

so glad you are doing great Zeepee!

zeepee@aol.com said:

I had a stem cell May 7 of 09'. So far ,so good. I go back to Moffitt Cancer Center tomorrow for a follow up with my Dr. I had a yearly bone survey and my routine lab donelast week. Hope everything goes well with you. If you have any questions for me I will try to answer them for you. Good luck!!

Hi,

had stem cell transplant one year ago-doing great 71 yrs. old. Was stage 3 when diagnosised . Sailed through it beautifully with-out any problems. Think, dry eye was my worst.

Madison

Good luck John! I did very well. Nausea was my worst complaint but you're given plenty of meds for that.

Madison

I had transplant @Cedar Sinai Hosp in LA last summer & they were great! I was only in for 15days. I know of others that went to City of Hope in LA & they had a good experience also. We are blessed to live within driving distance to great transplant hospitals. You will do just fine!

Great input Monica, thanks so much!

Monica said:

I had transplant @Cedar Sinai Hosp in LA last summer & they were great! I was only in for 15days. I know of others that went to City of Hope in LA & they had a good experience also. We are blessed to live within driving distance to great transplant hospitals. You will do just fine!

I had my stem cell transplant on April 15 2011 at Seidman Cancer
Center in Cleveland Ohio. This hospital is a new hospital here in
Cleveland and it is for cancer patients and only cancer care. The only
Down side was how sick I felt after transplant and it seems certain
Smells brothered me. God Bless and prayers are with you I know you
will be just fine.

it's amazing that this post has been read 76 times. So many people benefit from this type of sharing, even if they don't leave a comment.

Hi,wish you Gods speed in recovery, I can't offer advice but we share the same future as I will be having a stem cell about October,I think;will know for sure 7/12/2012. lots of questions with few answers. I think it depends on the person and their strength of character.

donna w said:

will be just fine.

Madison said:

donna w said:

will be just fine.

Madison said:
My old DR. at U. of M. in MI. was Dr. Campanarera. She transferred to Cleveland Clinic Cancer dept. has anyone met her? She was a wonderful DR. I left U. of M. after she left, had a horrible experience.

Thank you much

No never heard of this doctor. Seidman Cancer Center is part of University Hospitals of Cleveland. I use to go to Cleveland Clinic because I also suffer from Basile Cell Skin Cancer but changed because I feel that I received better care at Seidman and University Hospital. I would be more than happy to find out if Dr. Campanarera is at Cleveland Clinic.

I could not find Dr. Campanarera in Cleveland Ohio or in Flordia

Thanks!

Madison

It's totally painless.

My worst part was weakness, nausea (lots of meds for that) and loss of appetite. That all comes back w/ time. Being careful with precautions ,germs, good hand washing, avoid public places all you can, wear that mask when around others until you recover. I had no problems but I was very careful. You'll do fine.

Madison