Autologous stem cell transplant

Hi…just got home after an autologous stem cell transplant. Please feel free to ask any questions regarding the same. Would love to be of help. Regards

Hi Scarymom, Happy to hear you are home from your SCT. Thank you for your post and wanting to help others here. It is much appreciated.

Thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

thank you

Hi, Scarymom, wishing you swift and sure healing.

Hi Scarymom, just wanted to wish you well while you recover. It’s wonderful that we were able to get this done. I’ll be at 6 years in May. I’m so blessed. .

Good luck glad you are home hope you feel better soon My daughter is still waiting for her paper work and appt to get her stem cell done

Hope all is well and you are getting healthier and stronger. Had mine 2012 and still in remission. I am so thankful for all the love and support I have received and continue to receive, hope the same for you.

Hi..thanks... just wanted to know if you are on maintenance medicines and what are they. The doctors are now going to start mine, they have not yet decided on which one and the dosage.

Thanks

janet kerrigan said:

Hope all is well and you are getting healthier and stronger. Had mine 2012 and still in remission. I am so thankful for all the love and support I have received and continue to receive, hope the same for you.

all my best wishes to your daughter..hope she sails through beautifully
loving parent said:

Good luck glad you are home hope you feel better soon My daughter is still waiting for her paper work and appt to get her stem cell done

congratulations ....fantastic to know. I wanted to ask you what maintenance are u on? the doctors are now planning on mine and just wanted to know what are the ones used around the world.

thanks ...stay well

zeepee@aol.com said:

Hi Scarymom, just wanted to wish you well while you recover. It's wonderful that we were able to get this done. I'll be at 6 years in May. I'm so blessed. .

My boyfriend was put on consolidation therapy of Revlimid & Dex for 2 months (this was done 100 days post SCT). He recently finished this and is being put on 10 mg Revlimid indefinitely

thank you for the quick reply.

I had the same but now take Rev 10mg every other day with an aspirin. Rev has a major side effect of pulm embolus so an anticoagulant needs to be taken for prevention of clot formation.

I was not on maintenance meds for about nine months, when my m-spike started back up, not much, but enough to make the doctor put me back on Revlimid. I am now on 10mg, 21 day cycle, with dexamethasone. I know there is another transplant in my future, but we are going to put that off as long as possible. My m-spike has stablized with the maintenance dose.

Scarymom said:

Hi..thanks... just wanted to know if you are on maintenance medicines and what are they. The doctors are now going to start mine, they have not yet decided on which one and the dosage.

Thanks

janet kerrigan said:

Hi Scarymom, I had my SCT Sept 2014 and I am not on any maintenance medication. My Transplant Doctor said since my M spike is zero and Bone Marrow Biopsy came back clear at my February 2015 appointment. He wants to wait until the MM comes back and then start back on Chemo. He said that MM is tricky and can become non responsive to the Chemo quickly. He wants to keep the next drug for when I really need it. I am enjoying not being on Chemo. I feel very blessed. Transplant done in Dallas, Texas. your friend juli

Riding Hood said:

I was not on maintenance meds for about nine months, when my m-spike started back up, not much, but enough to make the doctor put me back on Revlimid. I am now on 10mg, 21 day cycle, with dexamethasone. I know there is another transplant in my future, but we are going to put that off as long as possible. My m-spike has stablized with the maintenance dose.

Scarymom said:

Thanks

janet kerrigan said:

Every person is different, what works for one person might not work for you. This is why it is imperative that you work closely with your Oncologist and team to decide what treatment is best for you. After my SCT my numbers were also 0 and little to no myeloma detected in my bone marrow biopsy. I have been taking Revlimed 10mg at the beginning daily without interruption until my hand cramping and leg cramping became unbearable. I decreased the Revlimed to 10 mg every other day and have minimal difficulties with that now. I do not take any steroids, again each person is different. I did take steroids when I was receiving my chemo; both orally and intravenous.

Thanks…
I was just getting an idea about what the trend is as there is no real myeloma discussion group such as this in India.
My maintenance will be starting soon and they are planning on something that will not suppress my immunity.
I am 36 and my doctors are not going to take any chances at all. They plan to keep in this stringent remission for the longest possible time… I personally would like to be cured of this…u have to be positive about it right! :wink: cheers

I just want to ask you is everyone has problem ( side effect from chemo such pulling a legs?) My oncologist doctor does not know what is that? She gave me a medication a lyrica but it is does not work . 24 hours my legs are pulling and I cant sleep without paint medication Let me know thanks Alex

I just want to ask you is everyone has problem ( side effect from chemo such pulling a legs?) My oncologist doctor does not know what is that? She gave me a medication a lyrica but it is does not work . 24 hours my legs are pulling and I cant sleep without paint medication Let me know thanks Alex

Hi ! How you fill? Alex