Question about IgM myeloma

My mother has had multiple myeloma for almost 6 years now. She's been through two stem cell transplants and was treated unsuccessfully by chemo for her last relapse. She has IgA, IgG, and in March she found out she has IgM.

She told my sister and I that people in her support group who have been told they have IgM have lived for only an additional 6-8 months.

Her doctors have exhausted all the usual treatments and are now talking about "experimental treatments."

My Mom thinks that she might have a few weeks left.

I can't find anything online about IgM. Does anyone have any information to share?

Hi Alamo,

My apologies for the late response. I'm also sorry to hear about your mother's condition and please know we're here for you and your family.

I did find this article on Myeloma Beacon that refers to recent research in the indication of the different types of myelomas including IgM.

http://www.myelomabeacon.com/news/2011/01/12/the-majority-of-rare-myelomas-are-associated-with-poorer-survival-than-common-myelomas/

Hope this provides some light into your situation. Please let me know you need more information.--Danielle

My thoughts are with your mother. how is she doing?