Nutritional Supplements?

Thank you Tammy & Lievie for your encouragement. You have both enlightened me more than you will ever know and I will share your encouraging results with my boyfriend.

I agree diet is very important in any aspect of health but, most especially with cancer. Sugar feeds cancer. Avoiding sugar & processed foods is so very important. Thankfully, my boyfriend has a very knowledgeable chiropractor who recommended an anti-inflammatory diet to him, which he is doing. Sadly, most MD's don't place much emphasis on nutrition or diet.

I also agree with having a positive attitude. Your attitude most definitely contributes to your health. Stress can & has caused death. Also, never underestimate the power of prayer. Faith is very important.

I think at this point with my boyfriend just starting his 2nd round of chemo this week, we will hold off on supplements until he finishes.

Thank you all again for all your encouragement!

JerseyGyrl

Best of luck to your boyfriend, and to you dear JerseyGyrl, as you start this journey. He's a lucky guy, to have you onboard with him for this journey. I'm praying that it all goes smoothly for you both, and asking for strength for you. If you haven't already, be sure to visit the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation website - lots of good information there, you can even phone them, they have nurses available for info/advice, they are great. And the story of their founder - herself living with MM since 1998 and staying very busy heading this major research and info foundation - is really inspiring and offers hope to anyone diagnosed with this disease. And I like the fact that they are very upbeat, positive, forward-thinking. http://www.themmrf.org/

JerseyGyrl said:

Thank you Tammy & Lievie for your encouragement. You have both enlightened me more than you will ever know and I will share your encouraging results with my boyfriend.

I agree diet is very important in any aspect of health but, most especially with cancer. Sugar feeds cancer. Avoiding sugar & processed foods is so very important. Thankfully, my boyfriend has a very knowledgeable chiropractor who recommended an anti-inflammatory diet to him, which he is doing. Sadly, most MD's don't place much emphasis on nutrition or diet.

I also agree with having a positive attitude. Your attitude most definitely contributes to your health. Stress can & has caused death. Also, never underestimate the power of prayer. Faith is very important.

I think at this point with my boyfriend just starting his 2nd round of chemo this week, we will hold off on supplements until he finishes.

Thank you all again for all your encouragement!

JerseyGyrl

I work at a health food store and have quite a bit of knowledge on supplements. I take a good calcium supplement by Garden of Life, which comes from fruits and veggies. I take a very good probiotic also by Garden of Life, it has 50 billion probiotics and 33 different strains and I have NO issues even with all the antibiotics I have had to take. I take D3 and K2, also for bone strength. Turmeric and Curcumin. Fishoils and greens and an incredible protein shake from Garden of Life (can you tell it is my favorite) which has tons of fruits, veggies, beans, sprouts and greens in it. I also take coq 10 and resversatrol a powerful antioxidant. Lipoid acid for neuropathy and cranberry concentrate for healty kidneys, together with other healthy drinks like gogi juice, fucoidan, acai etc. I also eat alot of healthy raw, organic nuts, coconut oil and olive oil. Lots of advocatoes and eat ezekiel bread. This together with yoga, meditation, prayer, kindness, appreciation and a true love for others and life gives even us in pain and with MM a very good quality with life. Of course when taking the iv chemo or Velcade don't do anything on those days, but my oncologist said when off them, do what you can. Oh yeah, local honey and green tea also great, I am the only one in my town that does not have allergies right now :>) Hope this helps LOL

How is your boyfriend currently doing, I forgot I had already commented on question LOL