Disability

Help.I don't know where to start and if i should

Hi Rodney, I was on temporary disability last year for a severe back & leg injury, which I received for approximately 6 months. It began by me going to their website and printing out the required paperwork. There was a page I needed to complete, a page my Dr. needed to complete and a page my boss needed to complete. Once all that was prepared, it was faxed to them. I was then sent a debit card which they added payment to each week. Every month they would mail me a form my Dr. had to complete and send back to them. I was told from the beginning that there was a possibility I might be asked to see one of their Dr.'s, which, I was happy, did not happen.

I have a dear friend who is on permanent disability due to stage 3 COPD. I remember when she first applied for it she had to see a lot of Dr.'s and undergo a lot of tests and there was a lot of paperwork. I think they make it difficult to try to discourage people.

You may find this helpful as far as where to start. http://www.ehow.com/how_6055298_apply-disability-pennsylvania.html

You know how you feel and only you can decide if its something you should do. I personally look at it like this, you've paid into it all the years you've been working. If you need it, use it. You are entitled to it.

I wish you all the best, whatever you decide to do.

God Bless,

Kim

Hi Rodney, my name is Niel and I’ve been around from time to time offering whatever I can do to lend a hand. I too am a patient for what seems like an eternity. I was diagnosed nine years ago and I still spend most of my day on the couch reading, watching TV and blogging my heart out. I’ve been talking to hundreds of people over the years. You’ve got to always remember you didn’t do anything to end up like this. Depression is an illness an illness that can’t be seen like a broken bone, but you must realize that you’re ill and like anything you’ve got to get better. Don’t be ashamed you didn’t choose to become sick, it just happened. And right away, it’s time to work at getting better. If it’s possible, try to put a support group together that understands what you’re going through. Depression is a pretty big Motziball to have on your shoulders. I started a blog several years ago and just changed it recently as people wanted to hear about my life and what I’m going through. My background is in stand up comedy, so it gets a little colorful. If you feel like it drop by whether its just to get a laugh or find out how sh+*ty my life is compared to yours. I’m at project611.wordpress.com maybe I’ll see you there. In the mean time live, love and laugh.
N

Hi Rodney,
I have been on disability for 4 years now. The social worker at my SCT doctor’s office got it all going for me. I had to give info about my previous employment history as it is based on what you paid into SS and how much you made while working. Then I got a phone call from SS to answer lots more questions. It took a few weeks after that for the first payment to be made.
Also, I had ADEM and that is the main reason for my disability.
Contact a social worker thru your MD’s office. I am sure they can help you.
Good luck!
Karla

I hope you don’t mind, nevertheless I’m putting a little something together for you on the Project611 board.
Http://project611.wordpress.com I’ll be posting it by the close of the day. If you don’t want this done please get in touch with me.

That's very kind, Niel.

Thank you all so much, it is good to know that there are still good people in this world. Niel , I love the page, you certainly have made my day, and just when I needed it!

I really have needed the support these last few weeks, have made some tough decisions and have had to face some big changes. It is not 100% certain, still waiting on the m protein test- but my IGg went from 700 to over 1600 in 3 weeks, doc suspects I have relapsed ;( ; Doc also wants me to get started on disability, so I started, just a phone call, but it is a start. I am the type of person who likes to work, busy hands are happy hands. Maybe it is time for a change, I feel there is another doorway about to open, I just pray that I have the courage to step through it.

Rodney I know you're going to make it. I have the utmost faith in you. When you're feeling down, well you know where I live.

http://project611.wordpress.com

Live, Love, Laugh

N