A newbe looking for some input

thanks - I guess the fog is rollng in!!!

rodney said:

Bob if you are trying to send an email to Char she must be in your friends list, posting on the blog or discussion can be done by typing in the reply box and then adding the reply by pressing the add button on bottom right. Your reply's are being posted so you are doing the correct thing here. I hope all is well and you are feeling better, I would suspect that you are working through the fog that some of the meds can cause. If you need more help please ask and I will try to assist you, just remember that I also am a patient and under treatment.

God Bless

Rodney

Thanks again for the direction!!! I wanted to ask if Char, with regard to neuropathy, is taking Gabapentin (Neurontin)? It has helped me with pain.

More testing at Dr.'s today. Results tomorrow. Best to everyone. Bob

I take 600mg 3 times a day, seems to help

My brother has neuropathy from sugar diabetes and he started taking Co Q10 and he is now walking for the first time in years…before he could only walk like from the couch to the bathroom, now he is actually taking shorts walks.

bob said:

Thanks again for the direction!!! I wanted to ask if Char, with regard to neuropathy, is taking Gabapentin (Neurontin)? It has helped me with pain.

Yes I am taking gabapentin it helps with the pain of neuropathy what is CoQ10?

Gems said:

My brother has neuropathy from sugar diabetes and he started taking Co Q10 and he is now walking for the first time in years...before he could only walk like from the couch to the bathroom, now he is actually taking shorts walks.

bob said:

I don’t know what that is. You could Google it. Another thing that has helped with the pain is medicinal marijuana, for which I have a license. It’s legal here in Wa anyway. Hope you are feeling t better. Bob

Googled coq10. There is a nice review at the Mayo clinic site. Bob

It is a antiioxident…it is also used for cardiovascular reason.
It also helps replace what chemo and other drugs take away from you.
It has really helped my brother.

Co Q-10 is a cardiovascular antiioxident. You can buy it at most drug stores.
It is beneficial for those using statin (cholesterol-lowering drugs)drugs because these statin reduce the natural production of co Q-10. Check with you cancer doctor before taking it to be sure it is okay.

Hey ,thanks for the info .I go next Friday I go for my skeletal exray. I hope all turns out ok.

Gems said:

Co Q-10 is a cardiovascular antiioxident. You can buy it at most drug stores.
It is beneficial for those using statin (cholesterol-lowering drugs)drugs because these statin reduce the natural production of co Q-10. Check with you cancer doctor before taking it to be sure it is okay.

Hi Char, I am new to this site. I had a stem cell transplant in January 2013 and was in remission for one year. My cancer has come back with a gusto, and I am beginning the battle again. I am also here for you if you just need to talk. It was so hard for my wonderful family to have this happen again so soon. My daugher wrote: “The dragon awakens. He unfolds his wings and roars. Armor is being polished …swords sharpened. If you come for one you come for us all. And the battle begins again.” Those words have become my inspiration. I admit my dragon sent me to my knees in fear and anger, but I emerged once again ready to do it again. Stay srong, dear friend, and fight the dragon.

Well said ! My husbands cancer has just returned for the 4th time. So I will get out that sword and get it all polished and help him fight! Your daughter must be special !
Thanks, Kathy

Ps. I have heard that visualization helps heal and I would think this idea is close to that theory!