This Thanksgiving, I'm Thankful For

In America, this Thursday is Thanksgiving. We spend the day thinking about what we are grateful for and also eating a lot of turkey and pie. :)

I thought it would be fun to start a discussion on what we're all thankful for. I'll get it going:

I'm thankful that my wonderful girlfriend, Vanessa, accepted my marriage proposal last weekend. We're all smiles here. :)

I'm also thankful that this community exists and helps so many people. We started Ben's Friends (www.bensfriends.org) 6 years ago and now over 80,000 patients and loved ones visit all 35 sites every month. It's truly a little Internet miracle.

I'm grateful for the community, the friendships and especially thankful that the volunteer moderators donate so much of their time to help others. Thank You Mods!

Ok, that's what I'm thankful for. How about you? Let us know below.

Scott

Dear Friends,
With an exposure to both myeloma and now breast cancer, each day is a “Thanksgiving.” the only distinct difference is the 4000 calories that we will consume. We certainly do not know if this helps or hinders the cancer, but it certainly punctuates this joyous occasion. We wish you and yours a marvelous celebration of Gods goodness and blessings!
Jim and Phyllis

Wonderful sentiment Sunny Jim!

I almost let thoughts of woof pity keep me from performing this little tradition this year. My first thoughts were negative. Then I just decided not to be that way, I decided that it would be a horrible waste of the good things in my life if I let the now more prominent possibility that I will lose my love spoil every moment that we have left. That is true if we have just a little while let together and it is still true if we end up being one of the lucky ones. So I am thankful far all the happy little moments I have left with the ones I love, however numerous or few those may be.

I’m thankful for my 3 kids my 10 grandkids and my 2 great grandkids. I enjoy everyday and I smile everyday. I have decided that I’m going to live to be 103 just to upset this ugly thing that is trying to take me from the people I love. I’m also very thankful for this website I may not say much but I read a lot thank you for allowing me this pleasure. Just think eveybody we shared another special day with the people we love and that is a true blessing.

Love the positive view on life Jacob.

Thanks for the kind words Donna. It's great you have such an extended family. Amazing.