How is everyone?

Thanks for the supportive words. I am now T-36 from transplant. I think I am doing very well, but I am not clear when I will be allowed to leave the house and to have food from the outside world. My daughter is getting married in 2 weeks and I have permission to attend the wedding although I don't think I can eat much of the food.

What is your experience about how many days after transplant you were given more freedom to venture in to the world.

Thanks

Kathy KT

Kathy, where I was treated, it was 100 days. A little bit of wiggle room depending on how quickly and well your leukocyte and neutrofil counts recover. I was allowed to be a little less strict about the food a bit sooner (based on neutrofil count), but it was a little more than 60 days. I was allowed to go outside however from the start - but only to take walks in the fresh air. I wasn't allowed to go in any stores, no restaurants, theaters etc or anywhere inside and was instructed to avoid contact with others. Your immune system is still very weak, an infection can spread in you rapidly, so you really have to be careful. Enjoy the wedding, but try to keep people at arms length and wash your hands frequently!

Kathy KT said:

Thanks for the supportive words. I am now T-36 from transplant. I think I am doing very well, but I am not clear when I will be allowed to leave the house and to have food from the outside world. My daughter is getting married in 2 weeks and I have permission to attend the wedding although I don't think I can eat much of the food.

What is your experience about how many days after transplant you were given more freedom to venture in to the world.

Thanks

Kathy KT